Choices for Recovery is implementing measures to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients. These measures require the balancing of approaches for two conditions- COVID-19 and The Disease of Addiction. One approach requires social distancing while the other requires social engagement. To do this effectively, Choices has decided to offer telehealth services and clinic services under certain conditions. These conditions for clinic services are as follows:
- Services will be conducted in the holistic room or white board room. These rooms allow for social distancing practices.
- Refer to Choices for Recovery website blog page (Clean environment and Recovery Health) for facility-based etiquette.
- Holistic services will be discontinued in the Monday IOP format until further notice.
- On -site support groups (SMART Recovery, Refuge Recovery, and Dharma Recovery) will be discontinued at the Choices site until further notice. Please see staff for new meeting information.
- Family group counseling will be fully on-line.
These options allow for increase access while maintaining effective and satisfactory service delivery. Choices will address necessary program changes as more guidance from State and Federal entities is received.
Please continue to provide input- your opinion matters. Also, don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Respectfully, Mike McNeal, NCC, LCMHC, LCAS